- A Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions
- Excellent communication / documentation skills
- Clear understanding of client-server functionality, web browser technology, and OOD and Java fundamental concepts and language.
- Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services (SOAP/WSDL), JAXB, Maven, Tomcat server
- Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Perforce, HPQC, Confluence/Jira, Subversion, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, etc.
- Strong experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and working with data formats like XML.
- Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines such as FAST, and SEO a plus.
- Strong problem solving, web application debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools a must.
- Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
- Experience with other server-side technologies including PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus
- Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
- Experience with Agile Software Development process a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Multi-tasking with good follow through skills, good communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision
Apply for this Job