The USA is one of the most revered countries in the world, owing to the great superiority of opportunities, infrastructure, job chances and rights that it offers to its citizens. Therefore, becoming a US citizen is a dream for many. But in order to become a US citizen, you need to qualify first and then go through the different stages of evaluation, before you finally get selected as a US citizen and get your green card. Another avenue that the US government has opened up is the US DV lottery, which grants 55,000 visas on an annual basis, after conducting a computer overlooked lottery. The people who get chance through this avenue are selected on the basis of a lottery and it had been started as an attempt to increase the cultural diversity in the US population. A result of the Immigration Act of 1990, in order to register you need to visit the website of the Department of state and fill up each of the information very carefully. In case you submit a wrongly filled application, your participation in the lottery will be canceled and you would have to wait for another year. Some of the important details that are part of the registration form have been mentioned below.
Information required for the US DV lottery registration form
- Name- You need to register your full name in capital letters. Include your middle name and last name as well.
- DOB- You need to enter your date of birth in the US DV lottery registration form where it has been asked of you. Follow the format ‘date/month/year’ to fill the details.
- Gender- Mention whether you are a male or a female.
- The city you took birth in- Mention the name of the city you took birth in the US DV lottery registration form.
- Birth country- The country you were born in.
- Country of eligibility- You are mostly required to mention the country of your birth, but under certain circumstances, you can also mention the birth country of your spouse or of a parent of yours. Make sure that you are eligible to use this option before submitting it.
- Photographs- You need to submit recently clicked photographs in the digital form. You are also required to enter the photograph of your spouse and of every single child that you have had, irrespective of the fact that they may or may not be living with you. You are required to do this only if your child is below 21 years of age.
- Address- Input the address where you use as your mailing address.
- Contact number- Enter a contact number that can be used to get in touch with you in the case you get selected.
- Your present country- Mention the name of the country that you are presently residing in.
- E-mail address- Make sure that you provide a valid e-mail address that you have for personal use.
- Educational background- Provide details about your maximum education along with mention of where you received them.
- Marital status- Mention if you are single, married, widowed, separated or divorced.
- Spouse’s information- Provide the details that have been asked in the US DV lottery form regarding your spouse.
- Child’s information- If your child is below the age of 21, provide the information that has been asked for in the form.
Ensuring a smooth registration
In order to ensure a smooth registration, you need to make sure that no mistakes are committed. Only a professional can help you out with this, and the United States Green Card Association is the best choice for you. They understand how frustrating it can be if you get disqualified for having made a small mistake in the registration form and therefore assist you through all the steps of the US DV lottery process to ensure that you don’t commit any mistake. They also help you submit an accurate registration form while explaining all the different steps that might come after. Choosing them will make your life easier while applying to become a US citizen.